A streamlined interface for all lab orders.
Most labs either use white-boards or emails to manage lab orders. The problem with this approach is that things often fall through the cracks. Quartzy's Order Module makes it easy for scientists to place orders and for lab-managers to respond from one streamlined interface making miscommunication a thing of the past.
Hai Lai, Columbia University
All your orders in one place.
Using email or a white board for orders? Try Quartzy's Order Module, which is used by labs at hundreds of universities all over the world. Lab members send orders requests to the Lab Manager and/or PI with 2 clicks. Lab Manager/PI can accept/deny all lab orders from a single easy to use interface.
Order status visible to the entire lab.
Everybody in the lab can see the status of each order. And scientists know when lab managers/PIs take action on orders. This degree of transparency improves intra-lab communication, reduces duplicate orders, and ensures people order something when it's running low.
Automated warnings to prevent duplicate orders.
Since launching, Quartzy has saved labs hundreds-of-thousands of dollars by preventing duplicate orders. If an item has been ordered by anybody in the lab in the last month, an automated warning appears to prevent unnecessary duplicate orders.
C. Alan Kachel, Columbia University
Generate easy Excel reports.
Want to know how much you spent on a grant last year? Or who is spending what in the lab? With Quartzy, with a few clicks you can generate Excel reports for spend analysis.
Generate order forms specific to your institution.
Do you have a paper form you use to submit orders? On Quartzy, you can generate printable order requisitions tailored for your institution that you can easily drop off or email to your buyer.
Orders features at a glance:
- Placed Orders: Two clicks to submit orders to lab manager/purchasing agent
- Attachments: Attach file with special instructions/quotes with each order
- Email notifications: Lab managers receive optional email notification when order is place. Email notifications to submitter as order is processed.
- Accept/Deny Orders: Lab managers can accept/deny/mark-as-delivered all orders from one interface.
- Filters: Orders can be filtered by vendor, grant id, status, date range and more
- Spend Tracking: Orders can be downloaded to excel for tracking and processing
- Multiple Groups: Lab managers can manage multiple ordering for multiple groups with ease
- Duplicate Orders: Auto-alerts if a duplicate order is placed
- Reorder: Easy to repeat an already placed order to save time