- You own your data. You maintain ownership of the data that you store in Quartzy.
- We collect two types of information. All of the information and data in this Section will be referred to collectively as “Your Information.” Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Site and our Services. Quartzy collects two different types of information from users of the Site. First, we collect identifier information that you provide to us. This includes your registration information, as well as any other data that you may enter into our Site, including but not limited to information about you (such as picture, your address, your publications, etc.) and information about your company (such as inventory, product requests, equipment, or information about on-going research if you choose to enter it). Identifier information you provide to us may also include payment method including credit card numbers. We do not store your payment information, but we may provide it to (and it may be stored by) our third-party partners (such as Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express, for example) for completing the payment process. Second, we collect and aggregate Internet and other electronic network activity information about the use of our Site and our Services. That information could include information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, the web page that you were visiting before accessing our Site, the pages or features of our Site which you browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, search terms, the links on our Site that you clicked on and other statistics. If you access our Site using a mobile device, we collect electronic information such as a device identifier, user settings and the operating system of your device, as well as information about your use of our Services.
- How We Don’t Use Your Information. Quartzy will not sell, trade, rent or otherwise disclose Your Information except as described in these Terms.
- Deleting Your Information. You may remove Your Information from the Site at any time. If you choose to remove Your Information, you acknowledge that Quartzy may retain archived copies of Your Information. Subject to the previous sentence, and except where otherwise legally required, if you or we terminate your account and use of the Site and Services, we will make efforts to destroy or otherwise remove Your Information as soon as reasonably possible after any such termination.
- We May Disclose Your Information if the Law Requires It or to Protect Quartzy or Others. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Your Information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate: (i) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas); (ii) to protect our property, rights and safety and the property, rights and safety of a third party or the public in general; and (iii) to stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical, or legally actionable.
- International Transfer of Your Information. Your Information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you’re located outside the United States and choose to provide Your Information to us, we may transfer Your Information to the United States and store and/or process it there.
- Compliance with California Consumer Privacy Act. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California residents have the right to request that a business that collects personal information about the individual disclose the following:
- The categories of personal information the business has collected about the individual.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting the individual’s personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information the business has collected about the individual.
We will do our best to provide California residents with a copy of the above information within 45 days of their request, although in certain limited circumstances we may not be able to make all relevant information available to them, such as where prevented by law or where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial of the request. To submit a request, please contact us at the firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-782-7899. Please note that we will not and may not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.